Sunday, September 27, 2009

The quick fixes

This is the before photo of my grandfather's bedroom. He chose the color... a little too much for me :) but its what he wanted.


Kitchen we installed a new ceiling fan that puts off more light, removed the awful flowered wallpaper on the soffit and painted it red. The red actually matches the color in my grandmother's dishes that are in the cabinet. On the actual wall I put up a beige wallpaper that looks like bricks.

Before Photo



Before Photo

Before Photo - the coolest thing about this room is the door there. You might remember from the original photo that there was a giant mirror, well once we removed the mirror to freshen up the trim, doors, molding etc... we found that the original owner of the house had signed behind the door. SOOO cool so we kept that part, and I hope to find one of those frames you can put around stuff like that... put a plaque on the wall or something neat.
Before Photo




Paint color is something I can't remember but I can find it on the sample and share later. The linens in the "piano room" which is now a guest room of sorts were on sale at Target. All of the wallpaper has been removed, plaster patched, and painted. Molding, trim, and doors have been painted with a high gloss white. And you can't see on the built ins in the Living Room but the knobs are these great crystal knobs I got from ebay for like $2 each.

0 comments:

 
Free counter and web stats template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing