Thursday, February 3, 2011

UPDATED: Office Floors Sanded... stained

And poly put on:


Bring on the awesome floors.  Here's the thing about these floors - they're incredibly light.  So the stain that I mixed for the living room floors didn't work at all not a match - not even close.  So I tried to mix it darker that wasn't right, then mixed it again darker... still nothing.  But the darker can of stain was too dark.  So basically I ended up dipping my brush in the dark stain, then the light stain and then mixing the color each brush stroke at a time.  Hopefully this doesn't end up looking bad.

You can kind of see the lightest parts where it was dry.  You're supposed to wipe them down with water before you put the stain on.  I think it's supposed to "open the grain" er somethin...



0 comments:

 
Free counter and web stats template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing