Thursday, January 20, 2011

Process of he Dinning Room Floors

Last week I began the adventure of the dinning room floors.  You guessed it... more paint all over them.  My guess is that during the 90's when my grandpa sent the house on fire (bless his heart) everything was painted, new carpet, etc... and in the process the people who were hired decided... they don't care they're going to put carpet over these floors so we'll just paint them.  So they did.  And now I want them to die. 











The next adventure was that I refuse to go to Lowe's to get the sander again.... ever...  So I went to Home Depot and got a drum sander.  Oh my god... best decision ever.  That thing sanded the hell outa the floor.  So this pic is the "let the games begin" pic.
Results!


















Paint ain't got nothin on me :)







being stained
Stained floors!!













2 layers of poly so far - but my friend Mark tells me I need like... six...  But OMG it looks so beautiful!!!
















Looks like an actual dinning room now :)

0 comments:

 
Free counter and web stats template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing