Thursday, December 16, 2010

My House is Starting to Look Like a Real House!

Simply said... it took my breath away.



I mean what do you say? I went to that above from this

And I've got this now...

Here is what the porch looked like last night when I was leaving :)



I had them take the railing off and I'm going to get some white plasticy stuff. I'm overwhelmed. they still have the back and the west side to do - but seriously - the end is in sight and I'll have a house that is beautiful on the outside :)

Last Friday Rick - the siding guy - said that a woman from around the corner was walking in the neighborhood and stopped by and asked the workmen if "he" had sold the house. Meaning my grandpa. He said... "Mr. Burris? Um... no I don't believe so... he still lives here..." and she said "Oh.. well I just can't believe he's fixing it up... I mean it was a little dilapidated.. and what happened to that old car in the back yard??" Sigh....

When the whole project is finished I'm going to have a big party and I'm going to write a special letter of both apology and invitation to the neighbors.

0 comments:

 
Free counter and web stats template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing