Saturday, June 4, 2011

I hate the guest room color

The Guest Room use to be my grandfather's bedroom.  My grandmother loved it because - despite it being the master suite - it was on the top floor and outside the windows are all these trees and birds and squirrels....  My grandpa likes bright colors so we painted it yellow.  Well... now that its no longer his room.... I'm not ashamed to say ... I really hate this color.  Its too much and I don't really like the yellow with the purple of my bedding.  But I like my bedding better.

I'm not opposed to yellow I just hate this yellow.  The bed is stained a dark cherry wood.  My cedar chest is deep cherry and the couch is cream and brown.  The bedding I love is a plum purple.  What the hell do I do?



The colors I like with yellow and purple is... grey... problem is my bedroom is grey and I don't want a whole grey floor.  It would look like an asylum.  Which might actually be fitting. 


1 comments:

Kris H. said...

How about a wheat color? Neutral enough, yet I think it would compliment the plum. Opposite on the color wheel would be green--maybe a very very subtle sage green?

 
Free counter and web stats template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing